Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=pil__;4549128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Furthermore, when you consider that MFT has a voice recognition vocabulary of 10,000 first-level commands compared to Toyota's Entune vocabulary of only 26, one would expect a higher rate of "problems" with MFTs voice control, however, the data actually shows MFT performing well compared to the industry, despite it's dramatically more complex vocabulary.
[/ QUOTE]

Now, this is the first time I've ever heard of Toyota Entune, but my 3 seconds of research tells me you're way off with the 26-to-10,000 comparison. The 10,000 commands is a marketing number (please feel free to figure out how they came up with this number, I'm sure someone already has). Both systems are presumably essentially unlimited if you count POI names/media names as unique command variations.
[QUOTE=pil__;4549128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post

Now, this is the first time I've ever heard of Toyota Entune, but my 3 seconds of research tells me you're way off with the 26-to-10,000 comparison. The 10,000 commands is a marketing number (please feel free to figure out how they came up with this number, I'm sure someone already has). Both systems are presumably essentially unlimited if you count POI names/media names as unique command variations.
Regarding Entune's first-level commands, that's not my number, that info was sourced from Automobile Magazine Jan 2013 issue. I went further to check with Toyota's list, and found there are actually 32 commands. I'll let Toyota and Automobile Magazine figure out if the command list is 26 or 32. Here is the quantity as listed by Toyota themselves.

Nav Commands (12)
Media Commands (10)
Phone Commands (5)
Radio Commands (5)

You will note in my previous post, I specifically stated first-level commands, not just words. Toyota lists 32 first-level commands. The first generation of SYNC had only 100 first-order commands, and of course that increased to "more than 10,000" with MFT.

Obviously missing from Entunes command structure is anything for Climate. It's interesting to note that even the high-dollar Cadillac CUE system does not have any voice commands for Climate control. While some may argue the benefit of a voice activated Climate system, it is part of the pathway to where all this IVT stuff is headed IMHO.

As for the increase from the original 100 in SYNC to 10,000 first-order commands today, that was accomplished through the inclusion of Aliases, Brand Names, Business types, one-shot commands and new areas such as Climate control and Information services. For Climate Control alone I counted 64 commands before I gave up.