Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #1824
miuk9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108830
What I Drive: Focus 2013

FF Reputation: 1 miuk9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
^^^
Absolutely! Mine was a nightmare for the first few hundred miles. After about 1500mi it is has been mostly fine.

Also check this:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306863
Problem was less acute this morning (cold) but its still there for a shorter duration and if i'm really straining to hear it. After reading so much about the DCT especially the Ford letter, i'll definitely give it a few more days before deciding to bring it in, just in case the clutch is leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
The overwhelming support from this community is awesome, guys; thanks!

I want to help make this right, tjbjday. So I can do this, PM me your full name, VIN, best daytime phone number, approximate mileage, and dealer details and Iíll arrange for your regional CSM to call.

miuk9,

Welcome to the boards! Iím happy to lend hand. Please shoot me a PM with the information I listed above.

Iím really glad your shifting is smooth now, cuozc.

Cory
@FordService.

For now i'm going to try it out to see if the rattles are truly green clutch related wear in noises. But i do think Ford should instruct the dealers or CS team to brief customers as they take delivery of the car. Basically I burnt about a gallon of gas last night trying to figure out the problem driving around the neighborhood and surface streets before reading the forum.

PM sent