Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - finally starting my journey to 450whp
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #58
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

Points 10,847, Level 68
Points: 10,847, Level: 68 Points: 10,847, Level: 68 Points: 10,847, Level: 68
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
To be completely honest. Hate to say it but if all you want is a fast car there are much better cars out there that can be done alot easier and ALOT cheaper than the focus. Even going an expensive car like my fd LS1 RX7. (which if you ever look into cars is a very expensive car to own. you could be faster for alot less.you can pick up a ls1 swapped fd for lets say 20k. Slap a cam some heads an intake and a tune your out say 4k (thats going high) and your already putting down 450whp on a 2800lb car. the say take another 5k and dump a turbo kit on it even remote mount and your at say 650whp and your still under 30k. I quit counting at $27k in parts on my focus. that doesnt include the thousands spend on tuning, or having to redo stuff, Or the labor ( i did all moy own labor) or the headache of trying to source parts or trying to fit all the stuff under the hood. Dont get me wrong i love my focus. But even a 450hp fd rx7 would destroy my focus. My fd is only putting down 362whp and 363 wtq and it will hang with a sport bike from a dig and walk a 650 in the top.
Now get something cheap like a 240 for $500 rolling chassis (and ive seen them alot cheaper). slap a ls2 with t-56 for say another $10K (full swap if you do it yourself that includes everything you need to make it easy $4500-6k for motor tranny, $1k for plug and play harness, $1k for swap kit, $2k for miscellaneous crap you might run into. And all these prices are high) bam you have a 10 sec car. that easy. start modding the ls2 and you have a 9 sec car. Or hell if you dead set against v-8 (not sure why you would be) a stock kade with a good tune and a good turbo kit will produce over 500whp all day long. build the block itll take 700whp all day long.
The point is if you just want a fast car there are cheaper easier ways to go about it. But If it has to be a focus dont expect it to be cheap and be ready to work on it for a long time to come. It took me almost 10 years to get mine to where it is. Of course at the time i built mine there was only a couple around over 350whp let alone 450whp. To be honest and im sorry if i offend anyone. If i could do it again. I wouldnt.