Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My DCT stalled out while driving today...*MK3*
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
He means that some people think the key stays in the "start" position rather than "ON"

there's no motor for the key or anything like that. If the vehicle is in motion, turning it back to the "on" position will do exactly as you have described- just make it back to normal.

My point is, it still had to have been bumped. Do you have a lot of keys on a keychain?

Otherwise I may suggest an exorcist.
Haha well I do drive like a demon >;) Actually I was using the spare key at the time (just left the carwash and had given them the spare key), which had nothing on it - just 1 lonely key. So there was nothing to bump. The thought actually crossed my mind that maybe I bumped the key, but, I didn't.
I didn't even feel the car stall or anything really, granted I was going downhill and was playing music fairly loud. All I know is I saw the screen say that which I already described, and the rest of symptoms I described.
But you are correct about what happened when the car "restarted", it just looked back to normal.