Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #140
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erato View Post
It is a foreign car. Trouble is (seems to be), it was built by Americans. There's not a lot of discussions about many of your issues in Europe.
There is more than one side to this issue, you know.

How do you know ALL of the issues are built by sloppy workers, as opposed to the American managers wanting to shave off a little more quality materials to make the higher profit margins to look better to the bean counters?

I sincerely doubt every issue in every car is due to some worker not giving a crap about doing his job. And they have to kow tow to what management dictates. "Insubordination" being the last thing a worker wants on his record right now... (or hers, I used "his" as gender-independent and "their" is grammatically incorrect when writing in a singular term...)

(And the Focus now is the same design, now used globally - as opposed to 2009 or so when the US had a totally separate design from the European division (thank the bean counters who decided to unify to "save cost" (or as much as conveniently possible))).