Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - thermo/sensor
Thread: thermo/sensor
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You might as well purchase a universal code reader, then you'll have one for this car and your next car. Most of the parts places are charging to read codes now because the manufacturers of universal code readers were upset since free code reading services basically take money out of their pockets.

No matter what you do, once you get a code, write it down and come back here. On the first page of Tech chat, about the 5th thread down is one that reads "Technical Chat stickied threads" click on that, then read through the links on the next page. One of those will be "DTC codes and their meanings" open that link and then find your code and read the description. Typically our DTC code descriptions are better than what you'll find in your book that comes with the code reader- or what the parts guy tells you. Also, just because you have a code for something like and oxygen sensor, that doesn't mean you need to purchase an oxygen sensor to fix the problem. The problem might be somewhere else, and so the O2 sensor is giving a bad reading.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.