Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My DCT stalled out while driving today...*MK3*
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My DCT stalled out while driving today...*MK3*

Hey all, so here's the situation of what happened.
I was going uphill, and I was in sport mode. Once I got to about the top of the hill I put it in Drive. After that on the way down the hill, it auto-shifted down (rpm increased), instead of up, which I thought was weird cause it usually shifts up on downhills. Anyways I noticed that happen, and then I was preparing to turn right at the bottom of the hill, so I flipped my turn signal. It was then that I noticed the main screen said "Transmission not in Park", and all of the gauges read 0 as if the car was off. I check the stick and it was in Drive still. I then check the key and it was in the "off" position... So I had to really quickly just start the car because I had the turn coming up at the bottom of the hill. All I know is, i'm 99% sure it stalled out randomly while driving because all the signs of that happening were there. I was told that the DCT cannot stall out, and you can't damage the car because the car will auto-shift before you can. Anyways, I don't think I did anything wrong, and the car randomly stalled out.
As a background, I'v got 2,200 miles on it since I got it on Dec. 14, 2012, and I've been driving it pretty hard. I haven't done the 1st oil change yet.

Please respond if you've had similar issue or if anyone knows whats up. Thanks.