Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dog View Post
It would be interesting to also include the model year of Focus, since it seems at least that those with '13 Foci aren't having as many problems.
With luck '12 owners will get retrofitted with the updated equipment. Or at least as units come in, as opposed to a complete recall...

My DCT runs nicely, save for "the noise" which - either which way - is normal. Most of the time it can't be heard, so I treat it as a non-issue. If something happens, it does - until then, no problem. And even with "the noise", the transmission is smooth as silk - still the best I've ever driven, noise or not.

I do wonder, for those who claim there are no problems, do they even know what "the noise" is? I've had passengers who've not heard "the noise" at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Car sales would plummet
More and more people are tired of the sheer lack of ethics in our society as a whole these days... but I digress.