Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #283
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
I am sorry to hear that everyone is having these problems; mine seem minuscule in comparison. However, I am still awaiting the dreaded summer heat to come back (since I live in the desert) to hear this thing grind like a blender. I did hear something when I was coming off a highway on to a side road the other day, but the wheels were turned to the left about half way. It sounded like the wheel was rubbing the inside of the well or a slight grinding, but I could not get it to duplicate.

I was also wondering if anyone has had their battery cover pop off? I heard a rattling in my engine and went to check it, only to find the cover was flopping around in there – I know it is not a huge concern, but it will not clip on right. I do not want to be one of ‘those’ customers who complains about every squeak and rattle, but I paid good money for this thing and I think it should be immaculate, considering thing I drove it off the lot with 67 miles – does anyone else think so, or am I being too picky?
When I got delivery of my second 2012 Focus (1st one was bought back by the dealer) The battery cover was loose and I was not able to fix it properly, went back to the dealer the service guy was able to do it but even him had a hard time. There is a specific spot if is a little bit off it wont clip on.