nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regio View Post
Hi! I'm new to the forum and well.. I was wondering if you could help me out with some suspension noises I've been experiencing lately with my '12 focus sel.

There's a squeaking type of noise coming from the drivers side after going over speed bumps and it's also a bit bouncy again on the drivers side over uneven roads going about 35 mph.

The other issue I've been having has become very annoying quite frankly.. it's some sort of clicking noise when I turn the steering wheel.

I love my car and I'm the type of person that drives calmly and takes good care of their car, besides my car is only 6 months old so I'm a bit sad haha that I'm having these kind of problems.

I'm not very eager to take my car to the dealership since dealerships in Mexico don't enjoy very good fame, so I would appreciate any kind of ideas or input .

P.S. I'm sorry, my english is not very good it's not my native language .
There are many cases (not just the Focus either but mercs and mazdas) where the suspension rubs in cold weather. I know you mentioned that youre from mexico so it might be the extreme hot weather as well. living in Canada when the temp hits -10 or below i can hear a rubbing squeaking sound from my suspension when i go over bumps. If this is what your hearing (and if it goes away when you drive in less extreme climates) then it's normal and from what I read on many forums there hasn't been a permanent fix for it.