unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblaes_99 View Post
took my 2012 focus in for service, was told that everything was working as normal and there is no problem.

today, the tx would not engage in reverse at all. I had to push it out of the parking space only to find out it wouldn't shift out of 1st either. limped home with my hazards on at 10 miles per hour in my brand new ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblaes_99 View Post
interestingly.... I just went out to the driveway after letting it sit for a while... Reverse is working and it seems to be shifting (and grinding as normal)....

so now do I get to play the dealer can not find the problem game again? and wait until the tx give out at me when I am out of town far from home?

This is great.
Holy carp, this sort of thing just seems to be getting worse for people. :(

Random problems are the worst to troubleshoot, but it is bad customer service to shrug you off as such. What you describe is pretty major, and it is not normal. I've had shuddering in the past, but nothing even remotely like what you've described.

Is the transmission firmware up to date, with 12B37 installed?

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
(click on 'Vehicle' on the gray stripe menu and put in your VIN to check if any TSBs, recalls, etc, need to be done... while not likely, it's possible yours may need updating...)

Is there another dealer you could visit? Just for record's sake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
That seems to be all that a lot of dealerships know how to do. They certainly don't know how to fix these cars. And when they do try to fix them, they often make them worse because they don't know or don't care what they are doing.

I know that my car has been RUINED by dealership nincompoopery.

That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear that.

I guess I should be grateful that I got 40,000 relatively trouble-free miles out of mine before Hines Park Ford ruined it.
If all of this is true, and so many incidents and complaints, it can't be much longer until a class action suit is formed.