Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Should I dump my Focus??
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #61
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomenter View Post
Since I know myself, I'm the Toyota guy. In fact, I did my internship there and drove hundreds of Corollas so I'm speaking as a semi-experienced person in this threat. There is no doubt that they are very reliable and efficient. They will also last longer than any other brands in the world, including Honda which is known to have obvious transmission problems since 1998-started with V6 accords. I've made most of my friends buy nothing but Toyota.

You will just have make up your mind about what you want. Do you want to drive a car that gives "fun" behind wheel or you want to drive a car that only takes you from point A to B..
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephd View Post
Everyone I know that has or had a Corolla, never had a single problem with it.
I remember and still miss my 95 Toyota P/U. I had that truck for 10 years, and sold it to a buddy with 155K and still running strong!
Sometimes with fun comes with a lot of headaches and expense.
My Jeep Wrangler was the perfect example. Never a headache, but lots of fun and expensive to own and drive.
I still would like a fun car to drive. But with expenses of a house. Cheap transportation and fuel economy need to take the wheel first. So for me point A to B is more important.
Just take a look at the local bone yards. Lots of fun vehicles sitting there reduced to rusty heaps.
So you guys are voting for me to get the Corolla?