Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My car leaks...I hate rain
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
My car had the same problem... one day i opened the trunk up and realized the mat was soaking wet, i took it off and sure enough the whole spare tire compartment was filled with water.. i unplugged the the plastic piece on the bottom and let the water drained out. After examining the car i noticed that a plastic pieces that holds the taillights in place was missing on the right side, went to ford bought the part put it on and it still did it.. all my seals were good.. i ended up replacing my taillight with aftermarket ones and after that i havent had any issues. another problem that i thought of was water coming from underneath from the wheel well. mine are shot, they are starting to break off so i put mudflaps on the back and that might of helped to, but being January now and me living in snowy environments i have not had a problem since i replaced the lights and mudflaps in fall.