Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Should I dump my Focus??
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #57
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
glad to help!

I have a feeling you will take care of your focus more than she did...ALL of my ex's didnt even know how to check oil or what the significance of it was. I bet if she drove a Corolla it would look and sound like crap. I know from personal experience, a good friend ran 3 used cars in perfect condition into the ground and is working on her (HER, not HIS) fourth, a brand new '10 that looks so lived in and ghetto you would think it was 7 years old. I wont even say no offense because it is a proven fact that most girls dont have the slightest clue how to take care of a car.... there is no kitchen or bedroom in it! Funny thing is most of them treat it like it has both!

Dont eat in it except rarely. Clean out the car often and dont junk it up. get into the habit of just throwing everything in the trunk then cleaning THAT out once a week. Wax it and clearbra the front so the paint holds up well and you dont get rock chips. Be careful parking the damn car so you dont scrape shit or beat the wheels up like a monkey piloting a space ship. If it helps, get spotter mirrors and install backup sensors (they work miracles!) or a backup camera, very cheap to do these days and i'm sure this lovely forums has tons of info on doing that. Do ALL regular maintenance as it needs...people put that shit off and it all adds up making the car drive like crap. Dont drive it abusively, its a Focus, NOT a Focus ST. Dont try to drift it or do burnouts lol. You can have plenty of fun without beating it up, this is a VERY capable car.