Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cold weather engine cut out
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #13
Rovey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93981
What I Drive: Blue Titanium 2.0 Tdci 2005

FF Reputation: 1 Rovey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the replies. I wish my car only cut out 3-4 times in half an hour. At around 2C and below my car tries to cut out at least once a minute, so my 30min drive to work is perilous especially, as you say, pulling away at junctions, i look like a new driver as my car bunny hops down the road as it desperately tries to stall, im getting about 20mpg at the moment down from over 40mpg cos i have to keep the revs up constantly, at lights, junctions and any other time i stop or else it will stall, and when i am going slowly. Occasionally the car goes limp and i get the Engine System Fault warning on the display so i have to restart the engine and hope it doesn't happen as im going up hill. On the plus side it forces me to stay alert at all times, cannot wait to get rid of the damn thing, im buying a flat in the next week or so , so im stuck with it for at least a few more months. I will also go with a petrol car, probably from a garage as well so it will have a warranty, you live and learn.