Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Should I dump my Focus??
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #56
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
more garbage from Toyota. Corolla coupe....2.4 or 2.5L makes 180ish HP but acceleration tests pin it near the heavier Focus...go figure (oh and worse mileage). Drove one and walked away very disappointed; does not feel fast at all and typical Toyota super notchy and sensitive manual. Interior is cheaper than a corollas...plastic coffin. Hatch and rear seat are very big, thats it though. Driven primarily by young girls, usually their first new car after highschool. Another car with a fugly ass radio that looks like it was installed by brian at Best Buy after they ripped you off. Very awkward looking slab sides and thoughtless design. Handling only has merit because of the tires, but even then I would put my money on the Focus in the backroads anyday. The car for people trying too hard to be cool but have no idea what cool is.
Haha thanks for your thoughts, this is educational and entertaining at the same time!

I am more than sure I'm keeping the Focus, I just need to get fears of things that haven't even happened out of my mind!

I think what is always in the back of my mind as well is my ex-gf's Focus, but it was like a 2002 I believe. That thing was a pile of trash. The engine sounded like it was going to blow up at any minute, the interior was peeling, falling apart, etc.

So for some reason, her car always disappointed me and I am hoping that this one doesn't start falling apart after a few years.