Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Should I dump my Focus??
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #53
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
UGH!!!

Man first of all if your going to scrap the focus do it for something with some class....Corolla? Why not just get a Yaris and save some money

Second of all and most importantly, you WILL NOT get 16 for your focus. I PROMISE you they will START bargaining your focus from 10 grand, and you wont be able to go up to more than 12 or 13. Went through this process, as others have on the forums here.

Now you've lost that equity from your car, and you are basically pissing on the the money you put down on the Focus. If they give the Crapolla to you for 16 (plus destination and shit) about 16.5, minus equity from the focus (13 grand TOPS - 9 owed = 4k equity) = 12.5k for the Corolla. Oh yea, not to mention the 2 grand you have spent in payments while owning the Focus, yea thats in the trash too. If you put more miles on the Focus, I wouldnt count that, but 7900 miles is negligible, so I consider both basically brand new.

You went from Owing 9k on the Focus (which BLOWS THE COROLLA OUT OF THE WATER) to 12.5 on a lousy corolla. Is a Corolla with a shitty aftermarket looking head unit, 4 speed dinosaur transmission, less power, crappy looks, but more of a guarantee of reliability worth 3.5 grand and a boring ass car?

Lets also bring up another solid point in the Focus's defense here. Your transmission, knock on wood, has been solid. Many on here (where's Suss?) have DCT's that are okay! Why are you flipping out? The engine on this is the same engine used in the ST, a Turbocharged application. There weren't many modifications to our motors to bring it up to turbo spec...its a very durable engine.

you love your focus, I promise you the Corolla will NEVER bring you anywhere near that kind of joy. You might feel its a good car when you test drive it, but when the new car honeymoon period dies, your gonna realize you dumped equity and money into a boring ass anonymous vanilla car. Steel Wheels? A radio looks like a kid at best buy installed it? 4 speed? 138hp? ugh! im done I cant take this anymore.
LOL, I totally see your point. The Corolla is a very boring car and it would probably pain me to do it. And you're right, I wouldn't get the joy out of it that I get with my Focus. And the options in that Corolla that I linked are actually a lot less than what I currently have.

I'm most likely keeping my Focus, but just out of curiosity, what do you think about the Scion tC?