Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
tucls
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108695
What I Drive: 2008 ebony black s coupe 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 tucls Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
08 s Projection HID problems

I ordered "08-11 Ford Focus Sedan Dual CCFL Halo LED Projector Headlights + HID Kit - Black" from protuninglab.com a couple weeks ago. They are supposed to be a plug and play setup and where for the most part. i had them in and working within the hour.The new lights worked and looked amazing.

I installed them at night so I took them for a test run and had them on for about an hour. the lows did great not even a flicker and the highs were superb, which is awesome because I live out in the country with a lot of animal traffic. Needless to say I was happy with the modification.

The upsetting thing is that the next day my lows began to flicker and the highs then blew my fuse. I replaced the fuse and it blew the second. I understand the lows need more power possibly but I'm baffled with the high beam blowing a fuse when it is the same bulb.

I was told that Projection lights aren't supposed to be a high beam which could be my problem... I'm at a loss. my custom car guy who has been helping me says I should get rid of them and try a different route. thoughts?