Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2007 Rear Brake Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
the conversion kit usually run about $300 to $400 and is from people scavenging them from crashed Foci. you usually need to get new rotors and pads with the kit also unless found locally because rotors just cost to much to ship.

My drums had some 150k on them and they were fine. It sounds like you want to do a complete overhaul!... not sure if that's needed.

When I pulled my rear drums in prep to get a rear disk setup I could not pull the drums from the spindle. with a puller it would not even budge. Centric makes good drums with the bearings already installed, C-F-M has them, I think you can also find them on Amazon and if you have a Prime account free shipping.

shoes are fairly basic. their a re a few fancy ones that offer more bite... replacing everything you want I am not sure if you can do it for less than $250...
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)