Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Question About Back Bumper Coming Loose
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
NoobAtCars89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108670
What I Drive: 2012, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 NoobAtCars89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question About Back Bumper Coming Loose

I bought a Ford Focus Titanium 2012 About 8 Months Ago. The sticker on the car said 36,000 Bumper-To-Bumper Warranty

Last week, i noticed that one side of the bumper is getting really lose, which is causing the gas panel to also come lose and the rear light (the whole unit) is very wobbly but it is bolted in one side, but still very wobbly.

I took it to the Ford Service center in my area (the mechanics were saying something about a guidepin not securing it or something) and they took it to a collision repair shop,

They called back today and told me the price to fix it would be $907, it would take 2-3 days to fix. The collision center mechanic told me it must have hit something and not come loose on its own. They also told me it's not under warranty.

I don't have a big problem with paying for this, as it seems really dangerous to not get fixed, I just have a question since i'm a huge noob at cars :P

I already agreed to pay for the fix.

1) Is this an easy fix? Seems like I should get some superglue and glue it back together!