Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2007 Rear Brake Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Milton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89715
What I Drive: 2007 Black Focus SES 2.0 L4 4 Door

Points 301, Level 6
Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 8 Milton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2007 Rear Brake Rebuild

2007 Focus SES (4 door sedan) 2.0 L4
Milage: ~90,000 miles

- Daughter's car, daily driver, she lives ~100 miles away so what I want to avoid is a rescue call so I try to stay ahead of problems.
- So far there has been zero maintenance done to the rear brakes and bearings. I figure at 90K miles it's time to rectify that.
- Plan is to rebuild the rear brake system with new parts (drums, bearings, bearing seals, brake shoes, springs & related hardware, wheel cylinders, flex hoses, e-brake lines, hub nuts & dust caps). It may sound like over kill but I want the daughter to be safe and I want to be able to ignore the rear brakes for another 90K miles.

So two questions:
- Now I have seen where you can get the hubs with the bearings already installed, but I am not sure what the quality of the bearings used are as they do not specify the bearings used. Can anyone recommend a hub that comes with a quality bearing installed?
- Second question, pricing for this will be around $250 USD. I could go with doing a rear disc brake conversion if the price is right. I know it will cost more, but what is the least expensive conversion kit out there?

Thanks,
Milton