Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ST Sedan?
Thread: ST Sedan?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The photo is not very clear, however the covers look pretty opaque as to obscure all the features minus the general shape of the lower bumper cover. Which does vaguely look like the old MKZ, but not that of the current model.

The upper grille is completely hidden by the thick black padded material as part of the camoflauge kit.

I won't state anything conclusively as this is all speculation until we hear from Ford if/ when there was to be a Lincoln Focus. I.e. a new Tracer with a lincoln badge after all they scrapped the Mercury brand and the stillborn Tracer revival based on the 2012+ MK3 Focus. However apart from this one rumor from left lanenews no one has picked up on this story in the automotive media as far as I can tell.

It looks like that car was on the back of a Roush owned tow truck as Roush has deep ties to Ford, but they didn't bother to take a clearer view of the label there either.

If its going to be a lincoln then they had better get it right.

My gut feeling is that this car was either a mule for the 2012 that was on its way to the scrap yard with parts that were never going to make production, a potential mid cycle refresh, or a Tracer mule that's getting the ax finally. However if it is a 2017 then its way too early in the process to say definitively what it will be called.

Can't be MKC which is based on the Escape, MKF would just be too blatantly obvious, MKB would be a Lincoln Fiesta, etc....

Either way it had better be much better than the Cruze based Verano or its toast.