Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Good Battery for 12-13?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrApple View Post
I don't see anyone saying that Optima batteries are not good batteries. They are good batteries as you have pointed out. I have them in my other cars. I even killed one twice back to back and its still running strong.

However, the op asked about a good battery in cold weather. And unless there are really extreme conditions there shouldn't be a need for an Optima battery. The factory battery, in most cases, would be fine.

But by all means, if the deal is good and the person wants to upgrade then go for it. But by no means is it absolutely neccasary, imho.
He mentioned cold weather, he stated that he wanted the best battery. Optimas are excellent batteries. I answered his question without going off on subjective tangent on how good the factory battery is. Everyone started mentioning not to replace the battery until it no longer starts the car. That's bad advice. You need to replace it before that. And while it's rarely necessary to replace a battery in a car this new, perhaps the OP is being preemptive and tackling a problem before it arises. Especially if he can get one that's fairly inexpensive.