Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SEDAN OWNERS: why?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #36
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Do the sedan's rear seats fold for sticking something longer in the trunk? Not really concerned about somebody accessing the hatch since if they can't see in it a thief will just pass it by.
yes (benches fold forward, seatbacks fold down flat). Many '12's didnt have it below the SEL trim but now SE's have it if you have the convenience/leather package. Also just to be a nitpicking bastard, anything long that may fit in the sedan's trunk would have to either stand up or require a seat down in the hatch, exposing it (tip for the ninja thieves)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
The sedan just didn't have enough of a sporty design for my taste and apparently held true for the high performance variants since there's no ST,ST-R or Shelby sedans.
I dont think its not 'sporty' enough as much as its appeasing a target market. enthusiasts (willing and able to buy) prefer the hatch. I prefer the Sedan, however I would have NO problem in an ST despite the hatch.

on the other hand, the hatch is a TAD tighter in the corners, maybe that all went into ST development too