Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SEDAN OWNERS: why?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Personally ninja run rampant in my neck of the woods and I figure I needed better protection.

For me it's also about having an actual trunk. First car I learned to drive on was a Toyota Tercel HB, then moved to a Camary Wagon, then a Rav4 - none of which had a trunk. Then I drove a Toyota Echo that had a trunk and really liked the spacing and ability to lock something.

I think from my perspective, if I go food shopping with my kids and my kids don't have anything blocking them from the storage area - most of the junk food bought will be eaten before we get home. So having a trunk is a way for me to actually be able to enjoy some tastier foods. Plus, for longer travel the kids would get bored and start looking for their toys in the storage area and make a mess -something they can't do now! Don't even get me started on Christmas time.

Price did factor in for me as well. But overall, I think the sedans look sportier then the HB. It's a personal opinion I'm sure, but I like the lines on sedan better.