Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Should I dump my Focus??
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Should I dump my Focus??

Hey guys, I would like your opinions if possible. Let me start by saying that I actually like my Focus a lot and haven't had any issues yet other than when I have my AC on high, there is some rattling going on. I haven't brought it on to be checked out yet.

And I will also say that I have been defending the Focus around here a lot lately. With that being said, I wanted to explore my options and get your opinions.

My 2012 Focus is about 8 months old now and it only has 7,900 miles. I have the DCT that everyone seems to be bashing lately. It's an SEL with the 16" alloys, the upgraded Sony sound system and MFT.

All of the talk here about the DCT, reliability of the car, long term durability concerns, etc have gotten to me.

If I were to dump it, is now the time since the miles are very low? Should I dump it? Should I not dump it?

Playing devil's advocate here....if I do dump it, what is my best course of action? I shouldn't do a trade and buy scenario should I? Should I sell private to maximize how much I get for it and then just buy another car?

Any advice and opinions are welcome!