Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - More of the Same
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't understand why there is always so much tension between users that have perfectly working / defective vehicles.

I mean... sure, I'm pissed that my $26k car rattles and the drive train vibrates and makes weird knocking noises, but I'm not going to say that the Focus has the best (or worst) quality control based off an internet forum (which, btw is obviously biased towards users with defective parts).

I will admit, that there was an unusually high amount of DCT and MFT issues that would lead us to believe there are design flaws. We know that. The clutch and seal have both already been revised once. MFT has had multiple updates. Headliners in 2013s have more dual-locking 3M strips (I checked, it had at least 1 more around the moonroof than mine did.)

I also get that you don't want to see every thread turn into an argument, but this thread was about a car with suspension issues, so there were bound to be complaints... but there's also too much damn hostility.

Lemon it, submit cases to nhtsa.gov or BBB's autoline, sell it, trade it, fix it yourself, etc. But complaining on these forums isn't helping anyone unless you found a fix and you're sharing it with everyone else.

[/rant]