Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ECOmode numbers on test menu. Share your numbers!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
You can get the percent without going in to test mode...if you've made enough cold engine trips for it to show. I'm thinking this might be the actual number of cold engine trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Mine has never shown the percentage of cold starts. Though, I still want that BCM update that's supposed to fix the key fob issue...

This is an example of that message in the eco guide.

I had also checked today on the way into work. Due to only being about 10 miles away from the office the car had only gotten up to the 52C mark when I shut it off. I checked the ecomode/ eco guide screen while driving and it said 66% trips with cold engine so far this tank. I then turned the car off and restarted the computer into test mode. under the eco guide it said something like 1.68 and 66 under the cold engine screen. That 66 is the exact same % of trips on cold engine as it displayed to me normally.

Anticipation was 4.86, speed 5, but cold engine was very bad at 1.68 or so.

This seems to me to be the same information presented with slightly more data and less rose petals.