Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - No album art with MFT v.3.5.1?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All the time or occassionally? I've run into times when playing an album the album art will be working and when it goes to the next track it will switch it to the generic genre art (sometimes for just a song, sometimes for the next couple or few, and then it returns). Weird thing is I can play the same album at another time and album art works all of the way through for every song at that time. Indicates to me an MFT problem and not the iPod/metadata on the iPod (120gb classic) as it just seems to lose the ability to bring in the album art sporadically.

I know this doesn't help solve your problem. I'm just adding it to confirm that I have seen the same behavior between iPod/MFT in v3.5.1, just apparently not to the extent you are. Only advice I could offer is stuff you already tried (turn the Gracenote stuff off, reformat/reload iPod). Have you forced a reindex through the menu as opposed to just allowing it to happen after a reset of MFT or reload of the iPod? I've done one that way since I got 3.5.1 and I noticed it took significantly longer than a typical one initiated automatically through the system but I also had my Nav screen up during it and that was before I had discovered how much having the map up slowed down the process so I can't really say if it was longer because of that or because forcing one manually might be more thorough.