Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #45
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You guys need to quit posting these idiotic comments. Shelby has a LONG history in the sport compact world. He basically invented the American Fast Hatch with the Omni GLH-S, which looking back was only a 29hp increase over the standard Omni GLH. It too, was mostly a stickers, wheel, tire, and emblem kit. The Focus gets pretty much the same formula. Add a respectable amount of HP, add incredible cost to the sticker. Take lumps from purists. Profit.

The CS on the wheel center caps is the logo of Carroll Shelby, NOT a Cobra.

There a dozen comments about zero extra horsepower. Really? Are you that Naive? There's conflicting articles out there about 300+ or 252 hp. Someone posted the base stats for the ST. Get over it and read all the information out there.

Do I think this car is worth 15k over the ST1? Hell no. I'd say this is an 8k package tops. It's really not any more special than the 2007~ Shelby GT-S, which was stripes, a grill, tune, intake, and exhaust. Oh, and some badges that are apparently worth about $5k. Go read up. Learn something today. This should sound VERY familiar. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

Once more bolt-on parts and simple turbo upgrades become available, Shelby may add more oomph to the ST, but I wouldn't expect much.
- Jody -