Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Flashing an instrument cluster
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 129,402, Level 100
Points: 129,402, Level: 100 Points: 129,402, Level: 100 Points: 129,402, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 86%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
Call a couple of Ford dealers and ask if that's something they can do. I had a conversation with a member a couple years ago that said their dealer was able to do it for less than $100 and the dealer's only caveat was they kept the old cluster.

Now, I dont recall if his new cluster had more or less miles. Not sure if its something they can only add miles to vs take miles off or vice-versa.

Found a couple on ebay with closer mileage for you:
128k (you'd need to contact them to verify it has tach)

The two most common parts numbers are:
6S4T-10849-BA
6S4T-10849-DA
one should be with tach and other without iirc but ebay sellers arent consistently labeling them the same. I bought a tach cluster with a couple of thousand more miles than my car had and swapped them over when the mileage matched. I did test it as soon as I received to ensure needles and lights worked properly. Very easy to do yourself.

I've heard of some dealers doing it even cheaper, then some won't touch it at all. If you were to take it to a dealer I would say that your old cluster is broken and you need to have the mileage switched over, that way they would be more likely to do it.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat