Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I wouldn't say I'm a guru. I just have more practical experience than most in the MK3 area of the forum.

The reason I suggest staying away from coils is due to the area you live in. As a fellow member who lives in the northeast, coilovers are not a good bet for a daily driven car. I don't say that because the ride will be rough, but I say that because the salt, sand, brine, and other de-icing agents used on our roadways wreak havoc on suspension components.

I've had coilovers on past vehicles. Both times, the threads seized, rendering the ability to adjust the ride height useless, despite my best efforts to keep them oiled, lubed, and free of salt, sand, or other corrosive material. If you're after street performance, a good set of dampers paired with a set of reputable performance springs will be your best bet for durability, handling, and ride compliance. Pro-kits are fine. Steeda's springs might be better, but I can't vouch for that. I will say that the handling of my car with the Prokit springs, ST struts, and Koni rear shocks with the Steeda rear sway was phenomenal for backroad driving.

For the dampers, call up Tousley Ford and ask for Steve.

Parts:
- AD-1098 F Upper Strut Mounts
- AST-12281 LH F Strut (ST-version)
- AST-12287 RH F Strut (ST-version)
- AD-1094 F Strut Bearings

Koni Yellows:
- 8040-1353SPORT Rear shock, adjustable, Mazdaspeed3

Here's how my car sat:

Yours will sit a hair lower, simply because the Titanium is a little heavier.
I got home and opened this topic up and saw your car... The first word that came to mind is "perfect" I assume those are 18s? Pretty much the look i'm going for. Now for the parts, I did a little looking around online to see what I could find. The ford parts, mostly the struts, is there a separate part with the same number that's the ST version or is that part number for the ST version... I seem to found everything on amazon but i'm not sure if it's the correct stuff.

The amazon list: http://amzn.com/w/1JCXH987T02ZE