Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,697, Level 92
Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Honestly, I see it as a bit of both.

Win:
-The (coming soon) carbon fiber hood, and the hood vents on the standard piece. Very nice.
-It does have a nice selection of performance parts; brakes, suspension, wheels/tires, etc. The suspension is the pre-existing Ford Racing collection though...this should provide options for other ST/Mk3 owners though.

Undecided:
-The seats. I like the colour-matched accents but they're the recovered ST1/Sport seats, and not the higher-end Recaros.
-Exahust: I like the fact they upgraded, but I miss the standard ST's tips.
-The price. You certainly get exclusivity, and lots of parts, but it's still steep. I know that wheels, brakes, exhausts, and the like can get very expensive for quality parts but with the premium they want, to get one of those in my area you'd be looking at $50,000.

Fail:
-The hydrocarbon accents. Really Shelby? Yes carbon fiber is expensive but don't fake it like this. Honestly if they're replace all of these with real CF that'd help the overall impression of the car massively, in my books.
-The badge in the interior. It just looks like an afterthought, shoved in place. That bugs me.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.