suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
There are a lot of aesthetic touches that I really like: CF fog light bezels and engine cover, the new wheels, the hood itself (not so much the black vinyl). I think that everyone else is right, though, about this car not being worth an extra $15k. A think an upgraded handling package with this suspension, brakes, and wheels would be a nice ~$3k option. All the dress up stuff (hood, CF goodies, Shelby badge, interior, decals) could be another ~$2k option. I personally think the exhaust and tune should be a stand-alone factory option, like Scion does with their TRD exhaust systems. All-in-all, I feel like without any major engine or turbo upgrades, there just isn't a $15k package here. I feel let down, because as someone looking to get an ST3 with most of the bells and whistles, I feel like this car was supposed to target me.
None of it is real carbon fiber, its all hyrdodipped and patterned to look like real carbon fiber, but they even admit its not real on their spec sheet.

"Hydrocarbon" appliques not real Carbon Fiber which would possibly be worth money, a fancy paint and patterning isn't worth what they are charging to me so I wouldn't buy one.