Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Coolant issues....
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Coolant issues....

Would any of my fellow Focus owners be willing to take a look at their radiator cap and see if they have the same "normal" "condensation" present?

These photos were taken with just over 20,000 miles on the car. That crud did go the entire way around the cap but I chipped that section off in order to show the thickness in the second photo. That second photo also shows a white crystalline buildup that was present on the cap.

Not only was this tan colored crap on the cap it is floating in the coolant and is on the walls of the tank. Of course, I was told that this is “normal” and is simply “condensation”. Even the crud in the coolant and on the tank walls was called "condensation". I guess you could say that I’m not buying that explanation. In order to confirm, I’d like see if anyone else is seeing this same “normal” occurrence.

Since these photos were taken the car was in to have a coolant leak diagnosed (of course they couldn’t find it, surprise) and that crud was cleaned off of the cap by the tech. I can't see the crud in the coolant any longer do to the addition of fluorescent dye by the tech.