Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cat delete pipe for 2002 ford focus
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #23
tmittelstaedt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108093
What I Drive: 2001 Red Focus SE Street Edition

FF Reputation: 0 tmittelstaedt Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"...For those stating that by removing the cat you will loose power, you are clueless. You gain power by removing restriction. Either get a tune that turns off the rear o2 sensor or install an o2 cheater to trick the ECU..."

Apparently reading comprehension is not in your abilities as I stated pretty clearly:

"...If you want to do it right, you delete the cat with a custom-welded exhaust, and replace the engine computer with a different one programmed for no cat..."

For the OP asking for a cheater pipe - because he's too cheap to walk into an exhaust shop and have a pipe bent with some flanges welded onto it - do you honestly think he's going to spend the money on a "tune" or o2 cheater? Really?

For most people out there looking to delete the cat, all they want to do is punch the cat out and tell themselves they are increasing HP. They are not interested in actually removing the cat properly, and reprogramming the ECU. And if you think their car has ever been on a dyno I have some beachfront property for sale in Florida cheap.

Please don't encourage the wannabes in the performance forums. We have way too many kids driving around with chrome exhaust tips, fart cans, and punched out cats who think their Focus has an extra 100hp.