Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Looking for opinions on how to further improve handling
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
mj22
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 32067
What I Drive: 2003 silver 2.0. zetec

FF Reputation: 1 mj22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey

I'll definetely take a look a the camber plates.

I took a look at the KMAC website and their camber plates are $380 AUD. Would these likley be better than the Fswerks camber plates which are noticeably cheaper? Shipping from the US isn't too expensive on smaller items.

If I go with the front camber plates should I look at getting the necessary items for rear camber adjustment and toe adjustment?

As for how the car handles currently I would say it prefers to understeer however if I throw it into a corner with too much speed, get off the throttle and turn in sharply I can get the back to step out, understandably I don't go about my driving like this I am just saying I can get the back of the car to step out but I feel like I really have to try to make this happen. It doesn't appear to rotate too quickly when it does step out either. At high speeds the car seems pretty stable - or at least it doesn't appear noticably unstable.

As for driving conditions. The majority of my "spirited" street drives are through mountain/hill roads with mixed surface conditions depending on age of the road and alot of tight corners. The few track experiences I have had have been at Queensland Raceway which is one of the V8 supercar tracks over here. Overall this track is quite smooth.

Given the comments thus far I think I will definetely source some camber plates and bushings kit.

Any further recommendations would be great.

Thanks