Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #70
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Premium is starting to cost upwards of 40 cents more at most gas stations and I'm starting to think it's not worth it unless it's ethanol-free.
You may want to shop around some because Gas Buddy shows approximately a 20 cent difference per gallon difference for Milwaukee WI between regular and premium which is similar to around here. Generally if you wait until it's near empty and put ten gallons in that's a $2 difference per fill up or per 300+ miles and a lot of us spend more than that on our morning coffee everyday so it's not really an expensive experiment. Also, I've noticed that differences from running the different fuel grades are somewhat slow to register in my Fofe when changing from lower to higher grades. That could be from not getting prompted by spark knock. I suggest that people give it two or three fill-ups of premium before coming to a conclusion about differences in driveability. If you don't get an improvement after that I'd suspect someone is selling regular gasoline at premium prices.

http://www.milwaukeegasprices.com/