Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Zetec Powered MGB Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #73
79mgb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105006
What I Drive: 1979 MG MGB

Points 2,631, Level 31
Points: 2,631, Level: 31 Points: 2,631, Level: 31 Points: 2,631, Level: 31
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 79mgb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'm still working on a video to show you all the car in its current condition. I think there might have been a little confusion about what engine is currently in the car.

Currently, my MGB has the original 1.8 liter engine in it. My plans were to dyno and weigh the car BEFORE the engine and transmission swap to show off the difference in weight and power AFTER the Zetec is installed. Sorry if there was any confusion for members subscribed to this thread. I have a timeline and a budget for this build but it's a slow and steady kind of task. In the meantime, I'll be writing posts about other work I've been doing on the car.

This weekend I tinkered with the car a little by replacing a very worn V-belt, shortening my shifter lever about 1.5 inches, and taking the tacky vinyl stripes off the side. I felt like the shifter was waaaay too high up and the vinyl looked too 70's. Eventually the vinyl would have to come off for when I repaint the car another color.