Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Instant CARma is gunna get you...
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
One of the things I instilled in her is that when you are going to pass- pass. Don't dilly dally around in the left hand lane going 1 mph faster than the vehicle you're passing. If you're using cruise control, it's ok if you hit the gas, it won't reset the cruise. Accelerate, pass, and then get back over and let the cruise take over again. Driving and blocking the left hand lane like that causes an obstruction.
+1. It's called a passing lane, so do some passing and move back over. I generally drive slower than the average driver, and stick to the right lane. When I pass in traffic, I'll increase speed to match the speed that lane is going, within reason. I have a 'personal limit' I'll speed up to, but won't match the guys going 25 over. Those people get their due eventually.

I also taught my wife how to drive interstate roads, she never got to get out of 55 mph single lane roads til she met me lol. Proper lane discipline was the first lesson.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune