Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Instant CARma is gunna get you...
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This reminds me of a great song that everyone should have in their iTunes if you like flying fast guitars and funny lyrics, but don't mind that the singer can't sing.

"I'm With Stupid", by Scatterbrain.

"Welcome to a world with a new kind of karma where we don't wait until you're dead! Reincarnation will come later, but for now you get this head instead."

Now for car advice: When I taught my wife how to drive 4 years ago. One of the things I instilled in her is that when you are going to pass- pass. Don't dilly dally around in the left hand lane going 1 mph faster than the vehicle you're passing. If you're using cruise control, it's ok if you hit the gas, it won't reset the cruise. Accelerate, pass, and then get back over and let the cruise take over again. Driving and blocking the left hand lane like that causes an obstruction. Just let the speeders go on by, and Johnny Law will do his job if it's needed. It is not your job to hold up traffic. For all you know you could be holding up someone in an emergency situation. How would you like to be responsible for keeping someone from getting to the hospital to see their relative near death? Of course not. She picked up on it.

We also maintain 2-4 car lengths of space behind the driver in front of us in most situations. We never push other drivers, just wait to pass.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.