Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #444
Trapper81
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108220
What I Drive: 2014 ST Black

FF Reputation: 1 Trapper81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought my Focus new in '02,it has over 146,000 miles on it. I think its been a really good dependable car considering I have beat the dog @$%# out of it since I purchased it. Im rough on my vehicles. :-)
It does good in the snow and mud, I've taken it on some mudding trail where 4WD trucks were getting stuck and I always take it out when it snows just to have a litle fun. My repair list has been as follows:
-Clutch (I knocked a spring out of the clutch disk while I was out drifting and spinning the tires)
-Bypassed the clutch safety switch cause it kept coming unplugged
-Just last year I finally had to replace the Battery! I've never heard of a car battery lasting 10 years! I poppped the top to see if I could get away with just refilling it with distilled water but the plates looked lke they were desintergrating in the water and it would no longer hold any kind of a charge.
-The signal wire to the coil pack fell out of the plug, so it went into LIMP mode and I had to go find another harness at a nearby junk yard.
-I had to replace both CV shafts.
-Both swaybar links.
Being a mechanic helps too, all these parts and repairs together havnt costed me over $500 since '02.
Everything else has just been routine maintenance i.e. oil changes, filters, plugs,and wires.
This Focus has really been a great car.