View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
felixdd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105655
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE sports

FF Reputation: 1 felixdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Despite what others have said, I actually feel the silhouette from the side is very traditional corvette.

What I don't like, however, is the styling

I'm sorry but the car is overstyled; as others have put it, it seems like its got bits and pieces of other cars. The headlamps of a Ferrari 458; the side vents of a Nissan GT-R. And I'm sure I've seen that rear wheel-well air vent from another car somewhere. Hell, they even lifted the back from their own Camaro!

What was wrong with how the Corvette looked before? The long-nosed body was something that harkened back to C2, as was its double-circle rear lights. Now it's gone completely mental -- black-plastic bits all over the place. The car looks like a hot-wheels and tries too hard. They might as well have painted flames on it.

And the interior? What's with all the black plastic buttons? The last time I saw those buttons were on my 1990 Cavalier. And the layout seems to have no flow at all. And why does the carbon-fibre sort of end once it gets to the bottom half of the center-console? Why is there a chrome bit around the instrument cluster, but not over other instruments? Why is the center-vent chrome-less, but every other vent chrome-bordered? The whole interior lacks theme and tries way too hard, like the exterior.

A sports car should be self-confident and assured. This feels like it's insecure with itself.