Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Any interest in headlight modifications?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #182
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

Points 974, Level 16
Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL330 View Post
I can't really tell what he's doing in the 2nd vid. It looks too easy so I'm hoping I can pull it off. I'm still scared to use my stock headlights.
At the low temp of 250-275, ovens (especially older ones) are inaccurate. Try it at 250 for 15-20min. Make sure remove all of the torx screws (I don't know how many). Use a razor blade or small pocket knife to cut the adhesive (it smells like pine tar). Use 3M clear adhesive to reseal. Make sure you wear gloves so you don't contaminate the inside bits. I use work gloves when prying it apart because it's pretty hot. I also use a couple flat head screwdrivers to help pry the lens off. Just be patient and take your time. Sometimes if you take too long, you'll have to throw it back in the oven.

BTW, for those on a budget, you can email The Retrofit Source asking for the previous gen Morimoto mini H1 with mini-gatling shrouds, they're a bit cheaper.

I've done retrofits on plenty of Subarus, and personally, I don't think the 5 hours will be worth it for me to do it on a new Focus.