View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
swagfocuswagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103591
What I Drive: '00 Focus wagon, 96 Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 1 swagfocuswagon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The newer ones are better yes. I have a 2000 wagon I got for 500 bucks. Rear bushings and shocks were shot and I had a horrible miss from a unplugged injector someone for got to fix when they rebuilt the Split port Injection engine. I fixed the rear shock issues and the miss and Im still fixing small stuff (alternator, 02 sensors, tires) on it but I think its a pretty good car for what it is. Its a solid, well made sedan. Fuel mileage kinda sucks for what it is but if I drive it easily I can get 23-25 in town. But yeah it you have the off-center IGN switch replace it ASAP I had to drill mine out and it costed me a steering column. Also watch for rust on the rear rockers, they are really bad about that (especially wagon models) but once they are in good shape they run great and will last for ever if you do basic maintenance on them (oil changes, timing belts, ect) Also they are known for eating rear tires as well. They didn't put on adjustable camber and toe arms on the cars at the factory and if its miss aligned it will eat tires like mad.