Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #41
renatogcarvalho
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106359
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sport Package HB

FF Reputation: 1 renatogcarvalho Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I very clearly understood what he said. He did not provide adequate information.

My 67 Plymouth makes noises too. But, I have learned what they are and why they are.
Hello,

Sorry for not being very clear. I stated on another thread what my problems are and the FordCustomerService user on this forum offered me some help to talk directly with my dealer about it. I decided to give it a try. Let's see how it goes over the next weeks.

I'm going to copy and paste my post below, so you can have the complete explanation.

But first, let me say something. Sorry but I don't agree with your opinion that I need to "GET USED" with the noises on my car. A brand new car, with just 3500 miles on it, should not make transmission noises. I'm not American, so I'm living here as a legal immigrant, but in Brazil me and my family have already owned a lot of brand new cars, and none of them made noises on the transmission. This is the first time ever. It just doesn't make me feel confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogcarvalho View Post
Hello guys.

I usually access this forum on a daily basis to read this thread, and I wanted to make sure before posting this message in the board, but unfortunately I'm experiencing some weird issues with my transmission as well.

I own a 2012 Focus Hatchback, bought my car on May, 2012 and the build date is 24.04.2012. (How could I know which version I have on my DCT automatic transmission? Can anyone help me with this? Much appreciated.)

While driving my car and applying the brakes before a turn, usually after finishing the turn and giving gas to the car again, I hear some weird sounds coming from under the hood, sounding like gears/metal scratching each other. Another situation that it usually happens is when I apply the breaks before traffic light, and I turns green before I come to a full stop, so when I start giving gas to the car again I hear the same sound. I'm positive that this issue is related with the transmission.

The same does not happen (or maybe I haven't noticed the sound until today) when I drive on the S mode though.

I don't drive that much, my car only has 3500 miles. I live very close to my work, so my commute is very small.

It's really frustrating owning a brand new car and hear some weird noises coming from the hood. I've never experienced that before on my life.

I really hope that I can get this problem fixed, because I decided to buy a Ford instead of a Honda to support an American company.

While doing a research yesterday, I found this website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/

On this website we can check all the TSBs and Recalls related to any car. Maybe it can be useful to anyone.

And while searching for issues related to a 2012 Ford Focus, I found this document: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...45086-3565.pdf

I'm planning on asking my dealer to fix my problem, and show him this document. I'm not an expert on cars, neither on the laws (I'm a legal immigrant and tax payer living in the US), so any advice would be very appreciated.

I wish all you guys good luck.

All the best.