Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AppLink Available on 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #66
rajmahal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92698
What I Drive: 2012 Tux. Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 rajmahal Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
As far as differences in the APIM (the brains of the sync module) for these cars I am not that familiar. How the engine and transmission work, or where to find things in the manual sure, but not the electronics as well. At least not at the minute detail to say why one was running sync g1 v3.1.1-3.1.4 or 3.2.1 or 4.0.2 which was the version that people say their 2013 Focus is running with appllink.

IVT has been mum on the subject since the last time they claimed that they were working on it.

There is no need to work on it if the hardware is the same, its just software, but they don't even release the incremental software revisions for sync with myford that go into production which seems to indicate it was a different hardware revision behind it, even if that's not the case.
Everyone should tweet to Julius Marchwiki, the AppLink Global Product Manager on twitter. I just did! Tweet to @idamaster or https://twitter.com/idamaster