Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Spi valve seating
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
WrenchTurnerDave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98540
What I Drive: 2003 Green Focus SE (2.0L SPI)

FF Reputation: 3 WrenchTurnerDave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayjay57 View Post
Recently pulled apart my block for cleaning and some upgrades. I went to check the valve seats and found nothing wrong. Even had a pro check the head and he found nothing wrong. I believe i have found the angel of all spi focus. :rolleyes:

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using FF Mobile
Pro mechanic? Not his area of expertise. Pro machinist, he's the man!

The problem with these valve seats is that they are within tolerance, according to Ford. Even an expert mechanic (unless works at Ford) wouldn't know the problem. I called Ford dealership to ask about rings and guy was friendly until I brought up valve seat problem, then denied all knowledge that he'd ever seen that happen, (BULLSPIT)

Since they are within tolerance, measure all day long, still will come out right. What you do is, take a metal punch, turn heads upside down, take a hammer and punch over 4 pieces of aluminum from heads over valve seats at very edge (after pressing in new ones, don't bother doing it with the old) and you have corrected problem.

I hope this doesn't cost you too much money...