Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Have you ever noticed this when you are low on fuel??
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:14 PM  
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
you may want to try a bottle of seafoam (lol why am I suggesting this) next time you're ready to fill up.

I understand school isn't cheap, I've been paying out of pocket until this year. I don't have a job right now either and live 120 miles from home. I drive a car that gets 16mpg average.

What is probably happening is as mentioned. There's crap buildup at the bottom of your tank. Why it happens to you and not the other guy depends purely on the contaminants within the fuel at each station.

edit: might I add, however, the benefit of keeping it at least half full vs a nice several-hundred-dollar bill to replace the pump?
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics