Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 02fordsvt Build/Mod/Random Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #1195
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Hey Bryan, since you've messed with leds for the front overhead light I had a question. I got a 3w festoon led to replace my regular one. Its nice and really bright. Problem is it has no built in resistor so there is a faint glow when the light is off(standby). If I flip the swtch from door to off it goes all the way off. So I need to add a resistor to the line. But there are 2 lines connecting to the switch. Do you know which one Iwould splice the resistor into? Thanks.
Mine have the same glow but since I never have the switch on door (it always off unless I turn it on manually) I've just ignored it. I just assumed it was a bad ground somewhere in the door ajar system but you very well could be right.

The three wires that run into the dome light are a power wire (orange or yellow) and two grounds (both some kind of black). I never hooked up a resister so I don't know witch side of the light it needs to be on. I also don't remember which ground is the door ajar ground and which one is the normal ground but I can look at it if you need that information.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
Wow that looks amazing. There's no green film on the back of thise switches right? IIRC they just have green leds that you swap out?
You would be correct. I ended up screwing up my moon roof switch so I'm in the process of trying to find another one. I've also given in and decided to put duel colored lighting in the switch because the white is just too bright at night. It may be a while before that happens though.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress